Crumbled bleu cheese, pine nuts, red onions,dried cherries, poppy seed dressing. It sounds like an odd combination, especially the blue cheese with poppy seed dressing, but the two flavors actually compliment each other quite well. Add that to some crunchy pine nuts, sweet plump cherries and crispy greens, and it's a unique salad next to a tender steak or for lunch with some grilled chicken breast.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed, chopped and refrigerated for crispness
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- 1/2 cup of crumbled bleu cheese
- 3 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- Plate the greens and place salad ingredients on top. Toss with dressing.