I love the smell and flavor of Jasmine Rice. Jasmine rice, sometimes known as Thai fragrant rice, is a long-grain variety of rice that has a nutty aroma and a subtle floral-like fragrance. Jasmine rice is originally from Thailand. The grains will cling when cooked, though it is less sticky than other rice.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped onion
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 1/2 cups dry jasmine rice
* 3 cups chicken broth
* salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Fresh cilantro or parsley.
- In a large saucepan over a medium-low heat, warm the oil.
- Add onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in bay leaf, and jasmine rice. Stir to coat the rice.
- Pour broth into the saucepan and add the salt.
- Increase the heat to medium and have it come to a boil. Cover.
- Reduce heat to low and let rice simmer lightly, approximately 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add any fresh herbs.