- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Mixed salad greens, about 4 cups
- Add sweet, toasted almonds and mandarin orange slices.
- Add Cucumber, grape tomatoes, slivered red onion, and shaved asiago or Parmesan cheese.
- Add sliced avocado, slivered red onion, grape tomatoes (sliced in half) and feta cheese.
Spicy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
1 half of a jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled 1/3 cup canola oil 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lime pinch of cayenne
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. agave nectar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine jalapeno, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, water, agave and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. 3. Add the cilantro, blend 5 seconds longer. 4. Run through a sieve for added smoothness. 5. Adjust seasonings to taste.