March 3, 2013

Pizza Alla Bismark

I saw this breakfast idea idea a few times in the last couple of weeks and have wanted to try it it.  I'm always looking for fun breakfast ideas for the boys, especially for Sunday mornings.  I sense that when people have a meal they can look forward to, it sets the day off in a good direction.  I think it puts a bit of a leap- in- their -step that they might not otherwise have had.  My efforts paid off.  I made this breakfast pizza with ingredients that all members of MY family would enjoy.  
I didn't know there was an actual name for this until I looked around for a fitting title.  I did NOT want to call it "breakfast pizza".   "Bismark" identifies the raw egg that is placed on top in Italian cooking. This lovely breakfast would also do well with sliced avocado and cilantro or thin prosciutto, asparagus and a dash of Parmesan cheeseNot too much cheese for this dish though...the eggs are so rich. What combinations sound good to you?  I have listed more at the bottom of the recipe.  Let me know what YOU come up  with!
  • 1 Boboli brand  pizza crust or  other pizza crust of choice.  Gluten-free is also an option
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 4-5 eggs at room temperature
  • 8 slices of cooked bacon
  • 1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage, thinly sliced
  • Freshly chopped parsley
  • Herb de Provence (optional) 

  1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Move oven rack one level up from the middle.
  2. Place crust on  a baking sheet
  3. Brush the crust with melted butter.
  4. Crack eggs on top of the crust,  being careful to make sure they are spread out, but not too close to the edge.
  5. Place baking sheet in the oven and cook until eggs are JUST set,  about 12-15 minutes.  
  6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley  and Herbs de Provence 

I like my eggs over medium, right when the whites turn "WHITE".  Just enough white over the yoke so as not to see any clear white. 

Other combinations:
After cooking-
  • Top with slice avocado, chopped tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
  • Black beans with chopped red onion, cilantro and tomatoes.
  • Spring mix with red onion and lemon vinaigrette

Before cooking/putting eggs on top-
  • Ham and shredded Gruyere cheese
  • Italian sausage and sauteed red peppers
  • Shredded has browned potatoes and favorite cheese
  • Steak with caramelized onions & blue cheese
  • Caramelized onions and bacon
Any favorite ingredients you would put in a quiche.   



 


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I bet you this tastes amazing! Thanks for linking to Simple Supper Tuesday :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...