I didn't know there was an actual name for this until I looked around for a fitting title. I did NOT want to call it "breakfast pizza". "Bismark" identifies the raw egg that is placed on top in Italian cooking. This lovely breakfast would also do well with sliced avocado and cilantro or thin prosciutto, asparagus and a dash of Parmesan cheese. Not too much cheese for this dish though...the eggs are so rich. What combinations sound good to you? I have listed more at the bottom of the recipe. Let me know what YOU come up with!
- 1 Boboli brand pizza crust or other pizza crust of choice. Gluten-free is also an option
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4-5 eggs at room temperature
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage, thinly sliced
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Herb de Provence (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Move oven rack one level up from the middle.
- Place crust on a baking sheet
- Brush the crust with melted butter.
- Crack eggs on top of the crust, being careful to make sure they are spread out, but not too close to the edge.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook until eggs are JUST set, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley and Herbs de Provence
I like my eggs over medium, right when the whites turn "WHITE". Just enough white over the yoke so as not to see any clear white.
- Top with slice avocado, chopped tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
- Black beans with chopped red onion, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Spring mix with red onion and lemon vinaigrette
Before cooking/putting eggs on top-
- Ham and shredded Gruyere cheese
- Italian sausage and sauteed red peppers
- Shredded has browned potatoes and favorite cheese
- Steak with caramelized onions & blue cheese
- Caramelized onions and bacon