- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Mixed greens
- Sliced red onion
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Radishes, thinly sliced
For my "photo shoot" I did not have regular dijon mustard...only whole grain dijon. It still carried the same flavor. I also did not have green onion and used some leftover red onion. It's rare that I stick to a recipe....
- Place the scallions, basil, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade.
- Puree for 15 to 20 seconds to make a smooth mixture.
- Add the mayonnaise, yogurt, and buttermilk and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the dressing to a container, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drizzle salad with with the dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.