Here is a basic honey mustard sauce to be used as a dressing or spread. You can add a good mayonnaise to it for a thicker, creamy bread spread or salad dressing. I used equal parts of each ingredient for the sake of ease, however you may tailor it to your own tastes.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (you could also use yellow mustard)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- In a small saucepan, add all ingredients.
- Heat on medium high heat to bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simer for about 10 minutes, making sure all sugar is dissolved and sauce has turned a nice dark brown color.
- Remove from heat and store in a bottle up to 2 weeks.