March 19, 2013

Gluten Free-er & Cleaner Day 2

I feel pretty good about my food intake yesterday.  I snacked between meals only on the food I was preparing for dinner, like Corned Beef Hash from St. Patrick's Day, Pork Tacos from the previous week and a few bites of Sweet Potato chips.  Not too bad considering I usually fill my days with items I will not mention right now (see day 1).   So, now is the morning of day 2 and I have just finished some Oatmeal with Granola.  I garnished it with toasted almonds and coconut, brown sugar and a bit of milk.  I have a few things I am considering for Lunch....It's snowing and 25 degrees.  I'm staying home!

Breakfast
Oatmeal with brown sugar, milk, pecans and granola
Lunch
Planning either a Fiesta salad that has: Lettuce, avocado, fresh cilantro, red pepper, fried (GF) jalapeno coins, tortilla strips, and black beans.  OR maybe an Asian style salad with lettuce,  green onion,carrots, red pepper, cabbage, snow peas and chicken.  ***Update:  I had the Fiesta Salad...but did NOT have any black beans in the house.  Was freaking out a bit but mixed the salad up and it is AHHH-MAY-ZING! 
Dinner
Planning to make a White Chicken Chili, grilled cheese with gluten-free bread, and salsa.  Chili was very satisfying and delicious.  It is award winning by the way.   



Summary & highlights: All in all it was a pretty uneventful day.  Eating breakfast each day has definitely helped curb my mid afternoon hunger/snacking.  My only downfall yesterday was that we had a family movie night and everyone wanted to grab a box of candy, and I relented.  My wonderful, caring son brought me back a box of....yes, you guessed it, Good & Plenty.  I ate about half the box. And the box was 4.5 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...