We didn't have enough leftover corned beef to make Rubens for 6 so I took the leftovers and made a hash. Leftover St. Paddy's day corned beef and potato hash. I love making hash with leftover roast beef, potatoes and carrots. My leftovers from yesterday were quite similar but I forgot the carrots! Since we have several "seating" times at our place, I often have opportunity to use up several nights worth of leftovers. I made this twice today for dinner. 3 people had the hash and 3 had leftover pork tacos from the tenderloins last week. I love the eggs merried to the salty corned beef and the buttery potatoes. I served mine with toasted sourdough, my favorite bread for dunking into the creamy egg.
- 1 small onion, diced
- Olive oil
- Leftover corned beef and potatoes....Not the cabbage
- 2-4 eggs
- Saute onion in olive oil about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile cube the potatoes and shred the corned beef.
- Add leftovers to the pan.
- Make room for the eggs in the middle of the "hash"
- Break eggs carefully into pan using the hash as a wall.
- Cover pan and cook eggs until set on top, just to OVER-Medium.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Serve with your favorite toast.