March 18, 2013

Leftover St. Paddy's Day Dinner ~ Corned Beef Hash

We didn't have enough leftover corned beef to make Rubens for 6 so I took the leftovers and made a hash.  Leftover St. Paddy's day corned beef and potato hash. I love making hash with leftover roast beef, potatoes and carrots.  My leftovers from yesterday were quite similar but I forgot the carrots!   Since we have several "seating" times at our place, I often have opportunity to use up several nights worth of leftovers.  I made this twice today for dinner. 3 people had the hash and 3 had leftover pork tacos from the tenderloins last week. I love the eggs merried to the salty corned beef and the buttery potatoes.  I served mine with toasted sourdough, my favorite bread for dunking into the creamy egg.  


Ingredients
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • Olive oil
  • Leftover corned beef and potatoes....Not the cabbage
  • 2-4 eggs
  • Toast
Directions
  1. Saute onion in olive oil about 2 minutes.  
  2. Meanwhile  cube the potatoes and shred the corned beef.
  3. Add leftovers to the pan.  
  4. Make room for the eggs in the middle of the   "hash"
  5. Break eggs carefully into pan using the hash as a wall.
  6. Cover pan and cook eggs until set on top, just to OVER-Medium.
  7. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper
  8. Serve with your favorite toast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...