10 ounces of Spring Mix or other rustic/baby greens
Honey Basil Champagne dressing (recipe to follow)
3-6 dried figs, quartered
1 pomegranate, seeds and juices reserved (or POM brand pomegranate arils)
1 avocado, thily liced
1 banana thinly sliced
1 cup of toasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup of soft cheese spread like Aoulette or Borsin (you can also use goat cheese), divided
For frying the cheese coins:
2 Tbsp. flour
1 raw egg, scrambled
1 cup breadcrumbs like panko
Oil for fying
For the Cheese coin:
(Mise en place: 3 dishes for dredging, paper towel lined plate, slotted spoon)
- Divide cheese spread into 6 small balls and flatten into disks
- Using a basic dredging method, dredge cheese in flour, then egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place the disks on plate in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil for frying/sauteing and fry the cheese disks until lighlty golden brown (I don't like heavily fried food so I saute them in about1/2 inch of olive oil).
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside
3/4 cup Champagne Vinegar
1Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
Freshly ground pepper
Pinch of Kosher Salt
1/4 cup fresh sweet basil, chopped
- In a blender, add all ingredients except the basil.
- Process until smooth.
- Add basil and pulse only until basil is blended into dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Toss greens with dressing, using about 1/4 cup to start.
2. Top with remaining ingredients, arranging them on the salad platter/bowl and finishing with cheese coins.