March 28, 2013

Gluten Free-er & Cleaner Day 10

Wednesday Day 10 was a busy one.  I finished up our taxes and shopped, & cleaned and cooked for a potluck dinner to be held at our place later that evening.  I had several packages of sweet italian sausage and  needed  to update a photo from a previous blog post....so Tortellini soup was on the agenda.  Not exactly gluten-free but a hearty soup, even when you take the pasta out. You can skirt around it  if you want to serve it as the recipe calls.   I have been using a lot of tomatoes and basil lately and was seriously graving bruschetta.  I put together a display for my guests  that was so simple.  It had many  of the soup components, so all the ingredients were readily available. Gluten-free bread or bread of choice can be used.  This time I used an Asiago cheese baguette from PANERA to go with the soup, so I lightly toasted some of that,  added a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh tomatoes, fontinella cheese, fresh basil and some artisinal salt: Himalayan Pink. 

Breakfast:
Oatmeal
Lunch:
Asian Chicken Sald from Panera Bread (I was out doing errands)
BTW...I love to listen to Dennis Prager especially when  I'm out and about
Potluck Dinner:
I ate a large spinach salad, some roast beef and a few bites of a raspberry trifle (dessert 2 nights in a row, UH OH.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...