March 13, 2013

Chilled Avocado & Feta Cheese Salsa

This is another summer-time favorite.  It came to me by way of a friend at a party, and we all could not get enough of it.  Fresh garlic and cilantro, sweet tomatoes and creamy avocado.  It was served with pita chips on the side, but I have since  enjoyed it  with pretzel and  tortilla chips and my new favorite, rice crackers.   The rice crackers make it a dish to be enjoyed by those that are gluten-free.  I found these amazing crackers,  even my kids,  love at Costco (see description below). I have also tried Wasabi rice crackers.  
 
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. grape tomatoes, quartered
  • 1  small red onion, minced
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 4 oz. container of feta cheese, crumbled
  • drizzle of extra-virgin  olive oil
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions
  1. In a bowl, gently stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, and garlic.
  2. Mix in cilantro and garlic. Stir in feta. 
  3. Drizzle with olive oil
  4. Salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Cover, and chill for 2 hours.
The crackers are by Crunchmaster (7 Ancient Grains (Brown Rice, Sorghum, Quinoa, Sesame, Millet, Flax & Amaranth)...oven baked to a crunchy perfection! Just a hint of sea salt added to make this whole grain cracker a tasty, low sodium, gluten free snack option!

16 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I love feta. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE avocado and this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMM!!! This sounds delicious!! What a yummy idea! Love your blog!!!

    ~Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parsley instead of Cilatro? Would that be O.K.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay. Parsley would be fine! Enjoy.

      Delete
  5. Oh, this sounds good! Say 'avocado' and we come running! Definitely putting this is my 'to try' box! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just imagine the tangy taste of the feta with the avocado! I am pretty sure this will become a summer time favorite!

    Thank you for sharing this at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soooo good! Wish I had it for lunch today ~ maybe tomorrow!
    I'm visiting you today from Fridays' Pin Junkie Linky. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Spring JOY Frame ~ Printable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out! Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  8. Avocado & Feta ?! Two of my favorite ingredients :-) Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party! {can not wait to see what you will link next week!}

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fabulous! I love anything with feta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so delicious! Just pinned it so I can make it later! Saw you at the {wow me} wednesday linky party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Denise! I will come over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...