This is another summer-time favorite. It came to me by way of a friend at a party, and we all could not get enough of it. Fresh garlic and cilantro, sweet tomatoes and creamy avocado. It was served with pita chips on the side, but I have since enjoyed it with pretzel and tortilla chips and my new favorite, rice crackers. The rice crackers make it a dish to be enjoyed by those that are gluten-free. I found these amazing crackers, even my kids, love at Costco (see description below). I have also tried Wasabi rice crackers.
- 1 lb. grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 oz. container of feta cheese, crumbled
- drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, gently stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, and garlic.
- Mix in cilantro and garlic. Stir in feta.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, and chill for 2 hours.