March 22, 2013

Gluten Free-er & Cleaner Day 4

 In  preparing for #marchmadnesssnacks, dinner and making a meal for a family in our community, I was in the kitchen most of the day. For the family,  I made my Island Pork Tenderloin, Rice Pilaf and White Wine Cream Sauce; Quiche, Salad and individual mini french toast casseroles.   For our dinner/snacks I made this Cheese Terrine, Fountain Avenue's Parmesan Crusted Potatoes, and  another corned beef to make Reuben sandwiches.  I also wanted to use leftover mushrooms from so I made a risotto to go with a TBD weekend side dish. As I was preparing all this food, I found time to put together a salad for lunch. I used leftover steak from the previous night's dinner, leftover bacon from a quiche, and salad ingredients I always have on  hand.  I whipped it up in just a few minutes and it was AH-MAY-Zing.  All those flavors together made my afternoon.  I ate standing up as I cooked the rest of the afternoon.  The steak and bacon with the red onion and tomatoes popped in my mouth.  I know that all sounds corny, but it was true. Trying to keep up with a gluten free-er and cleaner way of eating has been pretty easy so far.  I have indulged a little on the dark side, but not as much as I normally would. My great epiphany has been, and my son agrees...food tastes so much better!  I feel like a vail has been lifted from my palate and I can really TASTE the beauty of the food.  Especially vegetables.  I think the key has been to keep the fridge full, and keeping up my journal entries and knowing that, even if no one reads them...somebody might!  And I don't want to fail.  Yes, I have given into temptation but I have not felt guilty...except for the day I ate all those Good & Plenty candies. 




Recipes, Summary & Highlights:
Breakfast
Oatmeal with brown sugar...I was in a hurry and ate standing up.

Lunch
BLT Steak Salad...Ah-May-Zing...I ate standing up.

Dinner & #marchmadnesssnacks
Cheese Terrine with Herbs de Provence, Maple Balsamic and Toasted Pecans
Reubans..I ate the rye bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...