- Previously roasted or braised BBQ pork (you can also use BBQ chicken)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (homemade recipe to follow )
- Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Monteray Jack or cheddar cheese
- Slivered green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- On prepared dough (recipe to follow or use frozen store bought like Boboli) spread 1/4 cup bbq sauce.
- Shred pork and place on top of sauce.
- Add onion and top with cheese.
- Cook until dough is golden and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Bring out of the oven and let sit about 3 minutes before slicing. this keeps the cheese from sliding off.
- Sprinkle with green onion
Use cornmeal under the crust for an interesting texture
Put your oven rack on the bottom of the oven to get a crispy bottom crust.