We are finally getting ready for SPRING here in South West Michigan. Or at least thinking about getting ready. Wanting to get ready. Completely ready for winter to BE OVER. This salad is one of my warm weather staples. I love it as a side dish to a nice grilled steak or as a salad with grilled chicken. You can add avocado for extra protein and creaminess.
- 1 box cous-cous, cooked according to package instructions
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, quartered and chopped
- 1/2 lb. grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
3/4 pound feta cheese
- Cook the cous-cous according to directions. Cool.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil and remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and refrigerate for about 1 hour.