- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (about 4 oz.)
- 1 1/2 lbs. brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°. Spread the walnuts on a small baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, clean and prepare brussell sprouts by cutting off the root end, halve them lengthwise and shred crosswise with a very sharp knife.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and cook, tossing well, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the toasted walnuts, cranberries and maple syrup
- Serve warm