1 cup apricot jam
3 teaspoons dry mustard
1 tablespoon Demarle in the Kitchen Mediterranean Balsamic Vinegar with Fig (LOC0010)or other bottled balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Demarle in the Kitchen ground Alaea Hawaiian Salt (GTS00003)
Freshly ground pepper
4-6 Chicken Breasts
Optional Demarle TOOLS:
Deep Flexipat (FL002020) or regular baking sheet
Medium Perforated Baking Sheet (MA435310)
Magnetic Measuring Trio (GRP00001)
Mixing Bowl (TA000120)
Mortar & Pestle (TA000203)
Silicone Pastry Brush (TA000113)
- Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 400 F. Place Deep Flexipat on Perforated Baking Sheet, add chicken breasts and set aside.
- In Mixing Bowl, combine the jam, mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and cayenne.
- Grind the salt with the Mortar & Pestle.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then brush the jam mixture on to the chicken breasts.
- Roast, basting with the glaze after 15 minutes
- Turn the chicken and roast for 15-20 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and oast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.