|These make excellent, beautifully presented teacher gifts.|
- 1 pound good bittersweet chocolate
- 1 pound good semisweet chocolate
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon prepared, brewed espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier, optional
- Powdered' sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Finely chopped toffee candy bars like Heath
- Chop the chocolates finely with a sharp knife. Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils.
- Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds.
- Pour the cream through a fine-meshed sieve into the bowl with chocolate.
- With a wire whisk, slowly stir the cream and chocolates together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in the Grand Marnier, if using, espresso, and vanilla. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- With 2 teaspoons, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Roll each dollop of chocolate in your hands to roughly make a round ball. Roll in confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, candy or whatever you want!
- These will keep refrigerated for weeks, but serve at room temperature.
- Chefs note- Instead of rolling into balls, these can be formed into molds. Use the Demarle Flexipan Small Shapes tray. You get 30 in each tray!