September 24, 2009

Vegetable Wrap with Red Pepper hummus





One of my favorite lunch items is a fresh vegetable wrap with lots of mixed greens.  I vary the wrap ingredients  based on whats in the fridge, or what I am craving.  You can substitute any of the vegetables for your favorites.  I love the combination of creamy hummus and avocado with the crunch of the onion and red pepper.  When I develop a recipe, I am always concentrating on the flavors AND textures that works well together.  I'm a bit picky that way.

Ingredients

1 red pepper flavored tortilla, or other favorite sandwich wrap
1 slice Gruyere cheese (optional)
2 Tbsp. red pepper hummus
1/2  cup of Spring mix or other greens
4-5 thin slices of cucumber or pickle
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced sweet red pepper
1/4 thinly sliced avocado (instructions for prepping avocados)
2-3 grape tomatoes, sliced
Vinaigrette of choice

Directions
Mix salad greens with sliced vegetables and avocado

  1. Place wrap on a plate 
  2. Top with Gruyere 
  3. Warm in microwave 7 seconds
  4. Spread the hummus over the tortilla
  5. Add salad mixture.
  6. Wrap tightly and enjoy with your favorite salad or chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...