something special, this a must try!
Last week at the Farmer's Market in Holland, Michigan,
I tried a Mole Cheesecake
with some breads and crackers. It was fabulous and interesting.
Something new. The vendor was promoting their spice
rubs and dip mixtures.
Here is the recipe.
16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter cracker crumbs, more for garnish
1 tsp. lime juice
2 large eggs
3 TBSP. Mole Spice Rub (see below)
1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 6" spring-pan with cooking spray. Pour butter crumbs into pan, swirl to coat bottom and sides evenly.
- Blend cream cheese and lime juice until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add the spice rub and cocoa powder, mixing thoroughly.
- Fold in Cheddar cheese.
- Pout into prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature with crackers. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt