This is a great all purpose recipe for a healthy sweet bread or muffin. My boys love the chocolate chips. I have made this with banana instead of zucchini, which makes it a bit sweeter. The whole wheat flour makes it a hardier, healthier muffin, but you can substituent any type of flour.
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cane sugar (prefer Sugar in the Raw)
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup safflower or olive oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, agave nectar, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well.
- Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.