I have made this lovely sweet pate several times for gatherings and luncheons. I recently made it for an intimate gathering to celebrate a college graduation, but my favorite way to present the pate is luncheon style, individually plated with sliced grape tomatoes, red onion slivers, sliced cucumbers and a mini spring mix of greens, all separated and on the side with some good crackers. Guests can build their own experience on top of the cracker. I have always been able to find a box of Pepperidge Farm "Entertaining" crackers until recently. My 3 major grocery stores DID NOT HAVE THEM. I love to use the butterfly cracker and place it , wing side in, on top of the pate with a spring of chives. I will continue to search, and if I find them, I will update my picture.
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, poached
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Fresh cut chives, keep long, about 2 inches
- Crackers (water, butter-crisps, and the above mentioned butterfly cracker are the best)
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Red onion slivers
- Spring mix
- Fruit paste (I like pear flavor)
- Place chicken, mayonnaise and chutney in a food processor and process until sooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate pate, sprinkle with pecans, and place chive stalks in as a garnish.
- Lightly dress the greens with the vinaigrette.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.