May 6, 2013

Chicken Pate with Mango Chutney

I have made this lovely sweet pate several times for gatherings and luncheons.   I recently made it for an intimate gathering to celebrate a college graduation, but my favorite way to present the pate is luncheon style,  individually plated with sliced grape tomatoes, red onion slivers, sliced cucumbers and a mini spring mix of greens, all separated and on the side with some good crackers.  Guests can build their own experience on top of the cracker.  I have always been able to find a box of Pepperidge Farm "Entertaining" crackers until recently.  My 3 major grocery stores DID NOT HAVE THEM.  I love to use the butterfly cracker and  place it , wing side in, on top of the pate with a spring of chives.  I will continue to search, and if I find them, I will update my picture. 
 Ingredients
  • 2 large cooked chicken breasts, poached
  • 1/2 cup mayonaisse
  • 1/2 cup mango chutney
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • Fresh cut chives, keep long, about 2 inches
Options:
  • Crackers (water, butter-crisps, and the above mentioned butterfly cracker are the best)
  • Grape tomatoes, halved
  • Seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • Red onion slivers
  • Spring mix
  • Vinaigrette
  • Fruit paste (I like pear flavor)
Directions
  1. Place chicken, mayonnaise and chutney in a food processor and process until sooth.
  2. Salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Plate pate, sprinkle with pecans, and place chive stalks in as a garnish.
  4. Lightly dress the greens with the vinaigrette.
  5. Serve with desired accompaniments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...