I participated in my second Surprise Recipe Swap. My task was to visit Christie, who is the creator of Food Done Light. I am always looking for a great sauce to use and came across her Chocolate Malta BBQ Sauce. The directions were easy and the pictures well done. I enjoyed my visit and got to know Christie a bit more by reading through a few posts. It is nice getting to know the bloggers that we share so many recipes with. It's like putting a name to a face and it makes our large community feel more intimate. The sauce was delicious and complimented grilled chicken and green beans perfectly. I used a non-alcoholic beer, but I think it would be even better with malta. Go check out Food Done Light for more of Christie's health conscious recipes.
Christie's Recipe:1 (7 ounce) bottle malta or a non-alcoholic beer or coke
1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 tbsp. unsweetened dark chocolate powder
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher saltDirections:
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat to simmer the sauce. Simmer and let the sauce reduce until it is syrupy, around 15 – 20 minutes. Makes about 10 tbsp.
Here are the SRS details:
Here is how it works:
- Each month on the 1st you will be assigned to another participating blogger. You will then visit their blog and pick a recipe you want to cook or bake and post about it.
- Posting day is always the 20th of the month!
- You are not supposed to tell the blogger you are assigned to, that you are making something of their page.
- Your post has to have the SRS posting format (very simple instructions will be send to you, once you get approved) and should include link backs to the original recipe, pictures and of course your own opinion!
- You will be assigned to a new partner each month, so that you never have the same link backs.
- If you would like to be a part of our journey, read the rules and sign up. I will get back with you shortly!
- (Don't forget to check your spam folder)