- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Sherry wine
- Oil for frying
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cut the chicken breast meat into bite-size cubes and marinate in wine for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix the batter in a bowl and add the chicken cubes into the batter.
- Shake off the extra batter before frying.
- Heat up cooking oil in a heavy bottomed skillet or wok and deep fry/saute the chicken cubes until golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients and microwave (1 minute) or heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer the chicken out on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Toss chicken with sauce.