|Photo and recipe from Easy Living|
- 12-15 rosemary stems
- 5-6 ounces finely grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- *Optional: Use a Silpat for easy lifting and evenly browned Parmesan
- Serve along fresh basil,sliced cheese and marinated olives, peppers or salami tucked into tart-let cups. Drizzle them with a good balsamic vinaigrette.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the cheese, thyme and cayenne pepper. Using a dessertspoon, drop even mounds of parmesan cheese on a Silpat (making sure they don't touch each other). Use your fingers to pat the cheese into a thin circle about 3-4cm (1¼-1½in) in diameter. Lay a rosemary stem on the circle. Make sure none of the circles are touching.
- Bake for about 4 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove and cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve on the day they are made.
- Served with marinated olives, fresh basil, your FAVORITE cheese, salami and balsamic vinaigrette in a tartlet cup.