For the Souvlaki:
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 -2 inch chunks
For the Apricots:
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3/4 cup dry rose or white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 12 plump dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- Prepare the souvlaki: Combine the shallots, garlic, oregano, jalapeno, lemon juice and olive oil in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the pork, turn to coat, and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Soak 12 to 16 wooden skewers in water, at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the honeyed apricots: Bring the lime juice, wine, honey and shallot to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the apricots and cook until the mixture is syrupy, about 12 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade and thread 2 pieces onto each skewer. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Fold the mint and pine nuts into the apricot mixture. Serve the souvlaki with a dollop of yogurt and the apricot mixture.