2-3 lbs. pork tenderloin cut into 2 inch cubes, then flattened
1 1/2 cups apple cider, divided
2 Tablespoons of honey
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
Salt and pepper
To be served with Mountain Town Salad, fresh beans, rice pilaf and Homemade Applesauce (Recipe to follow)
Toss pork with salt and pepper
Marinate the pork in 1 Cup of the apple cider and honey for about 3 hours.
- Drain pork from marinade. Let sit at room temp. for about 20 minutes before cooking. This helps the meat to relax instead of seize up during the cooking process.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium. Add pork and brown on both sides.
- Add remaining cider and maple syrup. Bring just to boil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve alongside Mountain Town salad, rice pilaf and homemade apple sauce.
This is what I do when I want to make a quick apple side dish to go with my pork.
I melt about 2 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet.
Add 3 chopped apples, any flavor, peeled and cored.
Lightly brown the apples, tossing them with about 1/2 cup brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
Warm on medium for about 10 minutes. Add some apple cider to thin if necessary.
Remove from heat and pulse to desired consistency in a food processor.