6-8 medium sized russet potatoes
1/2 fennel bulb, cleaned, no fronds
1/2 lb. carrots, peeled
1 large sweet onion, peeled and quartered
Fresh ground pepper and salt
**You may also add/replace with sweet potatoes, winter squash or other favorite root vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or add vegetables to roast during last hour of cooking time)
- In a roasting pan combine all the vegetables. I take the onion and separate most of the pieces but leave some together.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle with herbs of choice. I use Emeril's Essence, herbs de Provence or herbs de napa
- Roast for about an hour or until desired doneness. Stir a few times as they cook, coating them with the juices and olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite Roast. Here is a link to the Perfect Roast Beef