February 11, 2013

Spicy Agave- Lime Vinaigrette

I am working on making the most of the photos that I capture on an iphone. Picasa has been a huge help.  Thanks Abby (Manilla Spoon).   There are so many tools out there for bloggers...I would love to put together a reference list of helpful applications, websites, tutorials and editing features. As well as Facebook help with  dos & dont's.   

So many projects underway or soon to be underway.  I may get buried soon.
So the above and below pictures are my first real attempt at making my photos the best I can get them, in the time that I have to spend. This dressing is great for the salad above, as well as a marinade for chicken or seafood.   AND this recipe  has many of the components used in diet cleansing washes that people use to "flush" their system out-BONUS.  Enjoy.

1 half of a jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled
 
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lime

pinch of cayenne 
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. agave nectar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro


Directions:

1. Combine jalapeno, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, water, agave and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. 

3. Add the cilantro, blend 5 seconds longer
4. Run through a sieve for added smoothness.
5. Adjust seasonings to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...