I just updated this recipe that was served at our 2012 Thanksgiving Dinner. It is based on Ruth's Chris recipe. I tweaked it and made it my own. It is like a dessert. No pie needed. Well...maybe apple pie.
1 ½ cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1 ½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter -- melted
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
6 cups mashed BAKED sweet potatoes
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup butter
1. Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
7. This can be easily doubled