April 4, 2013

Gluten Free-er & Cleaner Day 17


For breakfast we made Omelets with leftover Easter ham.  I added some cheddar cheese and tomatoes. 
Prepped dinner at lunch time and had an Asian Chicken Salad with homemade Asian Vinaigrette. 
Dinner was  inspired by  Lemony Thyme's Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce.  Libby has a great blog with beautiful pictures and great recipes.  I wanted to have some fun with meat this week and thought the kids would appreciate the chicken on a stick! I didn't have a whole lot of chicken so I used some marinated sirloin doe the adults.  I skewered the beef with shallots, Brussels sprouts and tomatoes. The marinade was an all-purpose one I use often for steak.  Red wine, Worcestershire, pepper  and olive oil.    It's still cold out with snow on the round, but we got the  grill out.  We have not grilled over the winter this year...its just not convenient to where the grill is located.  Maybe we can bring it up to the deck which is just outside the kitchen.  Or the garage....sound like an afternoon project for a boy to do today.
My late afternoon was filled with recipe sharing on the computer and doing some training with our dog.  My youngest son loves smoothies, so we made a  Protein Shake for  mid-afternoon snack.
Asian Sesame Chicken Salad prep.  Lots of heart healthy vegetables with a delicious sweet dressing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...